Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

It doesn't really feel like Thanksgiving here.  Time seems to have stood still since I arrived.  In my head I'm certain that I'm going to fly into DC in two weeks and it's going to be summer.  Oh well.  Here's what I'm thankful for today.
- growing up in a country that I can wear what I want to wear without being harassed.
- soon returning to a country where women have just as much power as men.
- not being married or having children like many women my age here.
- my family and friends.

Hope everyone has a lovely holiday!  I'm off to Nairobi tonight, turning around and coming back to Mombasa on Saturday.  I'm then off to see my rural family in Shirazi for a couple of days so probably no internet until Monday or Tuesday.  Enjoy turkey, stuffing, and pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment