Saturday, December 5, 2009

Paper Finished

After 48 hours of writing, 32 profiles of parents with children with hydrocephalus and spina bifida, and a month's worth of work, my ISP is finished.  All fifty pages of it are being printed out as I type, at an internet cafe close to where I lived for the past month.  Parts of it are well written and emotive of the actual feelings that the parents of the children go through- but more of the work is in a dry research style- the way that I normally write papers.  I find this fact disappointing, and plan on going back to change many aspects of the paper during winter break when I can get my friends and family to more properly edit it for a creative voice.  Following this, I hope to submit it to as many journals as I can.  For now, I still have to create a presentation- which should be able to give more of a voice to the research participants, and write a self criticism.  Tomorrow I'm off to Malindi, leaving the place that I've called home for a month, with Paka in tow.  Should be fun.
Be home in 8 days!

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Johanna

    I'm very proud of you! Gutsy with heart!
    Love ya

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johanna,

    Your Dad just sent me a link to your blog. I think the your paka is very cute. Sounds like an incredible trip.

    Be safe
    Aunt Joanne

    ReplyDelete